Button Up

Meet the Merchant: Button Up of Delaware, Ohio

[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_single_image img_size=”full” image=”9851″][vc_column_text]

“Many of our customers are very interested in the American Made movement and are intentional about shopping locally. This is a frequent topic of conversation in our shop.”

[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]What inspired you to start your business?
Kathleen and Dave Miller: A lifelong love of art.

What’s the first thing someone would notice walking into your store?
Kathleen and Dave MillerWhen customers come in they often say,” I love the way it feels in here. It’s welcoming and I love to be surrounded by the beautiful artwork.”

Describe your merchandise mix:
Kathleen and Dave MillerApproximately 90% of our artwork is done by local or regional artists. The remaining 10% comes from around the United States. We have fine art, pottery, ironwork, furniture, jewelry, hand turned bowls, and home furnishings.

Has your customer base evolved and changed the merchandising focus of your store?
Kathleen and Dave Miller: I have found my customer base to be quite varied. Therefore I carry an eclectic mix of artwork.

Do you hold annual events and exhibitions?
Kathleen and Dave MillerWe hold receptions for our artists to unveil new pieces of work. We also have “Pinterest Parties” for our customers to give them a fun and creative night out.

Are you engaging your customers in a conversation about the Shop Local/ American Made movement?
Kathleen and Dave MillerMany of our customers are very interested in the American Made movement and are intentional about shopping locally. This is a frequent topic of conversation in our shop.

How do most of your customers find you?
Kathleen and Dave MillerMost of my customers find me though one of two ways. They notice my shop as they are walking by or they hear about it from a friend.

What makes your store stand out from other retailers in your area?
Kathleen and Dave MillerI am located in a nicely renovated building so the combination of my space plus the beautifully handmade items that fill it make my shop stand out.

What would you say is your key to longevity?
Kathleen and Dave MillerThis is my third year so I don’t know if that is considered long enough to answer this question. I think I am still in business because of my good quality products and our attention to customer service.[/vc_column_text][vc_separator icon=”star”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_separator type=”invisible” size=”small” icon=”star”][vc_column_text]

Button Up

[/vc_column_text][vc_contacts layout=”with_icons” address=”29 N Sandusky Street Delaware, Ohio 43015 ” phone=”(740) 360-2421″][vc_column_text]

Follow Button Up

[/vc_column_text][vc_social_links size=”big” facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/pages/Button-Up/315850891802122?fref=ts”][vc_separator type=”invisible” icon=”star”][vc_column_text]

[/vc_column_text][vc_separator type=”invisible” icon=”star”][vc_column_text]

Take a peek inside the store…

[/vc_column_text][vc_gallery type=”masonry” ids=”9852,9853,9854,9857,9858″][vc_separator type=”invisible” size=”big” icon=”star”][vc_separator icon=”star”][vc_actionbox type=”alternate” controls=”bottom” title=”Want Your Store Featured?” message=”Register to attend the American Made Show and share your retail story!” button1=”SHARE YOUR RETAIL STORY” link1=”http://americanmadeshow.com/meet-the-merchant/” style1=”pink” button2=”REGISTER TO ATTEND” link2=”http://americanmadeshow.com/buyer-registration/” style2=”yellow”][vc_separator type=”invisible” size=”big” icon=”star”][/vc_column][/vc_row]

You Might Also Like...

1 Comment

  • Reply
    John Holliger
    December 27, 2015 at 6:28 am

    Button Up is a paradise of Beauty and immediate welcome by Kathleen. Nothing heals like being surrounded by Beauty in a Garden where I feel immediately I am home.

Leave a Reply