Thank you for your interest in American Made.
Our online marketplace is wholesale B2B designed to support brick and mortar independent retailers who are the cultural and tourism anchors of small towns, main streets and resort areas across the United States, Canada and abroad. To protect our members, proper business credentials must be provided before your company is approved to access on our site.
To protect the artists’ designs and intellectual property rights, we do not allow manufacturers, product development representatives, chain store scouts or licensing agents to view the site. Additionally, no solicitation is permitted on the site.
Credential Documents Required
Buying access is for owners or employees who have the power to initiate purchasing commitments with an artist or studio. Before approving your credentials, we reserve the right to require a single document from each of these categories: proof of business, proof of location and proof of designer brands represented.
If necessary, we reserve the right to request one each of these documents.
Proof of Business:
- Federal Tax Return or
- Sales and Use Certificate or
- Business Check or Credit Card in Business Name
Proof of Location:
- Store Lease or
- Storefront Photo or
- Advertisement or Brochure with Store Address or
- Online retailers in lieu of location, please provide a valid link to your e-commerce site.
- Invoices or
- Purchase Orders
Unlicensed Interior Designers or Architects, Temple or Church Gift Shops, Corporate Buyers, Non-Traditional Businesses
Trade buyers have the same buying privileges as traditional retail buyers. To verify trade status, we require proof of business (noted above) as well as the following…
- For an Interior Designer, a copy of your NCIDQ certification or decorator’s degree.
- For a Corporate Gift Service or Event Coordinator, a brochure with examples of your work.
- For a Temple Gift Shop, a letter from the rabbi listing all the volunteers of the shop.
- For a Beauty Salon/Coffee Shop, photos of your giftware retail display(s).
- For a Corporate Buyer, documentation of previous wholesale purchases
- For a Non-Traditional Business, please present proof that you are invested in the handmade community as a legitimate retailer.
For New Businesses:
If you are opening a new business and do not yet have full credentials, your application will be considered at the discretion of staff. Email us at info@BestAmMade.com discuss your unique circumstances or needs.
Best in American Made is a wholesale marketplace and is not open to the public. Returning companies may be requested to update their information to remain in good standing.
We appreciate your business and thank you!